Latest wallpaper trends 2021 for walls in the interior will be incredibly original. A variety of tones, patterns, prints will help simply and quickly:
- implement an exclusive design;
- create coziness and friendly atmosphere;
- zoning space;
- visually expand the room.
Finishing materials for walls obey fashion trends, like most interior items, knowing about them to make current and modern repairs becomes much easier.
2021 Wallpaper Combination Trends
Most professional designers are inclined to believe that to create an interesting and original design you need to combine different designs. Thanks to this technique, you can divide the space into zones, create accents, and adjust the proportions of the room.
When combining several types of finishes, it is important to remember that they should have approximately equal thickness, similar texture and quality, in harmony with each other in color and ornament.
Fashionable combination of 2-4 types of wallpaper
A variety of fresh collections allows designers to realize the most daring ideas. Choosing wall decoration you can experiment not only with colors, but also with textures.
The most interesting win-win options are:
- The combination of several shades of the same color (considered classic).
- The combination of plain canvas with a pattern allows you to highlight the main area (at the head of the bed in the bedroom, near the TV in the living room, at the dining table in the kitchen).
- The combination of different textures is a bold and bright solution. Combinations of floral print and stripes, as well as abstract pictures with a plain background, look organically.
What wallpaper colors will be in trends in 2021?
Wallpaper trends 2021 encourage experimentation. The most relevant shades will be:
- Turquoise and mint. They give the interior freshness, and according to psychologists, such colors can relieve stress and set up a person for a peaceful mood.
- Honeysuckle. Saturated pink-red can become an expressive accent, it improves mood and enlivens the room.
- Mustard. It remains relevant for the second year in a row, ideal for creating coziness and warmth. Often it is used in the kitchen, as it arouses appetite.
- Marsala. Deep burgundy in combination with neutral light tones gives the room a strict and solid notes.
- Gold and yellow. Bright and extravagant tones that help create a positive attitude.
- Natural. More and more people are striving for unity with nature and environmental friendliness could not but touch on interior design. Textures and colors imitating natural materials will be at the peak of popularity in the new season.
New wallpapers 2021 for walls in the interior
Fashionable wallpaper for walls 2021 was created specifically for the most popular styles:
- Scandinavian. It involves the use of cozy, warm “knitted” textiles, and designers transferred this trend to the walls. Imitating large knitting made from natural yarn, the fabrics perfectly complement the Nordic style and give the effect of warmth and coziness.
- Glamorous. Allows the use of 3D wallpapers. Images of jewelry, large fantastic floristry and other bright objects will dilute even the gray and boring interior, and fill it with chic, shine. In this style, the wallpaper should be used as an accent.
- Neoclassical. Gives an ageless classic a new look through the use of modern materials. Textured vinyl with natural ornaments and gilding, imitation textiles with embroidery, and other classic motifs made in a new way look expressive.
- High tech. Almost all new collections contain samples of neutral white and gray tones, combined with objects of technological design, and even imitation of glossy metal, glass chips, chip lines.
- Loft. Designing a room in one of the most relevant areas will help new collections that mimic aged brickwork, stone, concrete, wood and planks, animal skins.
- Ethno. Images repeating the patchwork, texture of marble, stone or leather will look spectacular in rooms with an Egyptian, Moroccan or African spirit.
Minimalism in the design and interior of the hall
For several years now, minimalism has been at the peak of popularity and it is often chosen for interior living rooms. Wall decoration in this case involves the use of materials of restrained and concise design:
- Smooth and monophonic, matched in shade and structure to the elements of furniture, textiles, accessories or flooring, will complete the design of the hall.
- With stripes and ornaments. Vertical patterns help visually raise the ceiling. Using horizontal lines, on the contrary, will hide excessive height, adjusting the proportions. The decor can be metallized.
- Bright with large images, as an accent.
- Gradient wallpaper. Trends of fashionable wallpapers 2021 suggest the creation of bright rooms not overloaded with details using the ombre technique, with a smooth transition of shades of one color from dark to light.
- With abstract prints that will make the room dynamic and set the rhythm for other objects in it.
Wallpaper with prints or drawings
The new collections of wallpaper brands feature universal solutions and original novelties:
- Non-contrasting geometric or natural patterns against the background of restrained pink, blue, gray or coffee tones. Such a finish would be appropriate everywhere.
- A print imitating bookshelves will add originality and intelligence.
- Map drawing will become one of the most trending in the coming year. Depending on the given style, you can choose aged and worn card options, cartographic motifs on a floral background or modern options with clear, slightly angular contrasting lines.
Wall murals are no longer a novelty, but in 2021 quality and clarity will come to the fore.
High-resolution images will be relevant, allowing you to create a unique atmosphere:
- foggy forest;
- a view of the night city from a bird’s flight;
- access to the sea coast.
When choosing such a material, special attention should be paid not only to appearance, but also to quality, since any blur or curvature can ruin the whole idea.
The choice of fashionable wallpaper for different rooms
When choosing a wallpaper, one should pay attention not only to their visual qualities, but also to the material, its properties and suitability to the purpose of the room.
Kitchen Wallpaper 2021
In kitchens, it is preferable to use washable vinyl and fiberglass wallpaper. The design and shades of the material are selected in accordance with the shape and dimensions of the kitchen, its basic style:
- When combining the kitchen with the dining room, they are divided into separate zones using combinations of several tones, ornaments and textures.
- 3D food-related pictures will be relevant, however, they are suitable exclusively for large-area kitchens.
- For modern styles, you can use imitation chalk boards with text labels and funny pictures.
- A combination of several textures or designs, for example, a floral pattern and a wood structure, a geometric print with abstract images, looks original.
- The contrast rule can also be used in the kitchen, most often to highlight a zone with a dining table.
- Design techniques of an asymmetric combination of different canvases and variations on the theme of horizontal lines with a border are appropriate.
Wallpaper in the corridor 2021
The design of the corridor and hallway is of particular importance, because it is from them that the impression of the house begins to form.
The corridor is best designed in universal styles:
The walls in the hallway must be resistant to damage, as they will have to come in contact with outer clothing and accessories. Plain corridors look great, but it makes sense to design one of the zones, for example, near the hanger, with a geometric pattern. Murals will also be acceptable, but only if the room is spacious enough and has the correct shape.
Wallpaper in the bathroom 2021
For those who believe that wallpaper in the bathroom is inappropriate, the trends of next year dictate the exact opposite.
When finishing the bathroom, it should be borne in mind that the material must withstand moisture. Vinyl, washable and cullet suitable, and wet areas near the washbasin and bathtub (shower) should still be covered with tiles.
Depending on the design of the bathroom, you can use such wallpapers:
- delicate plain;
- with floral prints and a nautical theme;
- Photowall-paper allowing to realize the most extraordinary design ideas.
You can choose a wallpaper for any room, regardless of its purpose and design, or turn to a professional designer. In any case, among the huge assortment and bright new products, everyone will be able to find an option for everyone.
Do you want latest Trends straight to your inbox?
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.